Travel to Fayoum Oasis, hour and half drive from Cairo. It was the main place of worship of the crocodile god. Book Cairo Trip to El Fayoum and explore Qaroon Lake, Karanis Temples and Wadi Al Rayan in a private guided tour from Cairo.
Pick up from hotel in Cairo and travel for only 76 kilometers south of Cairo to oasis of Fayoum. It is an obvious example of the cleverness of the ancient Egyptian engineers, about 200 of the great waterwheels are located throughout the oasis with plams and mangos around. You will visit Qarun Lake; the third largest lake in Egypt with 45 metres below sea level, gradually developped into a resort being an excellent site for water sports like wind surfing, fishing and bird shooting. Transfer to Qasr Qaroun about 55 km North West of Fayoum City to wander the well preserved temple & remains of Dinysios Graeco Roman City. Move onto Wadi Al Rian; a small valley consists of 2 man made lakes connected by Egypt's charming waterfall. Transfer back to your hotel in Cairo.
- Expert Egyptologist tourist guide
- Entrance fees where applicable
- Mineral water during trip
- Lunch meal during trip
- Cairo hotel pickup and drop off
- All trip transfers with modern van
- All trip taxes and service charges
- Personal expenses
- Tipping kitty
El Fayoum Quick Facts:
- Fayoum Oasis is capital of modern Fayoum Governorate 100 KM southwest of Cairo.
- Fayoum dates back to 4000 BC, one of the oldest cities in Egypt and Middle East.
- El Fayoum name comes from the Coptic word lake or sea referring to Lake Moeris.
- El Fayoum was the centre of Sobek, the crocodile god, cult in the Pharaonic era.
- The main sights in El Fayoum are; Hawara, Lahun, Wadi Elrayan and Wadi Al Hitan.
- Wadi El Rayan is one of Fayoum's natural National Park extends for 1759 km2.
- Wadi El Rayan is 2 connected lakes by waterfalls, which is the largest in Egypt.
- Wadi El Rayan is famous for its rare collections of plants, animals and birds.
- Wadi Hitan is one of Fayoum's natural National Reserve 150 km southwest of Cairo.
- Wadi Hitan is home 15 species of desert plants, sand dunes and 15 types of mammals.
- Wadi Hitan is now regularly visited by day trippers from Cairo with 4WD.
- Wadi Hitan lies within Wadi Elrayan Reserve with management plan and administration.
Tour Booking Terms:
- Submit the below form with all details & we will get back to you swiftly with exact quote.
- We speak different languages so feel completely free to require specific contact language.
- Our packages are running privately unless a group tour is mentioned in above itinerary.
- We have fixed above prices in USD but we accept payments with any other currency.
- Price doesn't include entry to special monuments, personal expenses & optional activity.
- Our prices are fixed per person based on an all inclusive service as per the above program.
- We continuously update our rates in order to guarantee the best possible up to date prices.
- Stay assured that booked tours price would not been changed once you have it confirmed.
- If you travel on budget be sure that you are getting best travel deal with the best value.
- We guarantee Fast, Easy online booking for Attraction tickets & tours without any wait.
- You will save Big on whatever you plan to do in booked destination with us at great value.
- Join group if you are on budget. Low cost and cheap trips are available at same quality.
- We need to receive reasonable down payment in order to confirm booking & secure places.
- The remnant of the cost should be finalized on the day of trip by credit card or in cash.
- Payment options varies between online payment by credit cards, wire transfer and cash.
- Once you have confirmed booking you will receive detailed voucher with booking details.
- We don't apply cancellation fees for ‘force majeure’, ONLY in personal & business cases.
- We will be always happy to provide competitive rates for big groups and travel agents.