Enjoy Petra and Wadi Rum Tours From Aqaba to Explore Wadi Rum Protectorate Landscape and Petra. Book Tours to Petra and Wadi Rum from Aqaba Hotels.
We will pick you up for this combined excursion from your hotel in Aqaba and travel first to Petra. Petra meaning 'stone' is an Arabian historical and archaeological city in the Jordan. Located between the Red and Dead Sea, it is vast unique city carved into the rock face by the Arab Nabataeans people who settled in this area about 2000 years ago. It is an important commerce center where Arabian incense, Chinese silks and Indian spices were traded. Petra is famous for its rock cut architecture and the water conduit system. You will visit the Siq Canyon, wander the Treasury, stroll Street of Facades, explore the Royal Tombs & Pharaoh Castle then transfer to Wadi Rum. Known as Valley of the Moon, it is very scenic desert resort lies in the south of Jordan about 70 km to the north from Aqaba. It is the largest wadi in Jordan and considered one of Jordan top tourist attractions being the most stunning desertscape in the World. The word "Rum" most likely comes from an Aramaic root meaning 'high' or 'elevated' To reflect its proper Arabic pronunciation, archaeologists transcribe it as Wadi Ramm. You will arrive to Wadi Rum to enjoy Jordan desert canyons, beautiful landscapes and Bedouins in Wadi Rum Protectorate. Then return back to Aqaba.
- It requires considerable walking as horses in Petra is limited.
- We may wait in Petra up to 45 minutes before the trip starts.
- All trip transfers with private AC Jeep
- Aqaba hotel pick up & drop off services
- Local English speaking spot guide in Petra
- 02 Hours Jeep safari trip in Wadi Rum area
- Expert English speaking driver during trip
- Short horse ride trip in Petra 700 Meters
- Entrance tickets in Wadi Rum & Petra
- Lunch in Petra local restaurant
- All trip taxes & service charges
- Personal expenses
- Tipping kitty
Jordan Quick Facts:
- Petra been chosen as the place you should see before your die by Smithsonian magazine.
- Petra was the capital city of the Arab Nabataens & it has been founded around 312 BC.
- Petra is UNESCO world heritage site 1985 for being one of oldest metropolises in world.
- Petra is mentioned in the bible as Sela where the Apostle Paul been ordered to arrest.
- Petra been described as the "rose red city half as old as time" by John William Burgon.
- Petra means in Greek "Rock" and it was an important trade center in the ancient world.
- Petra had "water conduit system", it has been built to afford water for 30.000 people.
- Many of Petra's structures been destroyed by an earthquake & only 15 % of it been found.
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade movies have used Petra as one of its main settings.
- Wadi Rum of Jordan is granite and sandstone cut valley lies in the Jordan southwest area.
- The name of Wadi Rum Valley is thought to be taken from an Aramaic word that means "high".
- Wadi Rum occupies an area of 720 km2, it is 30 of Wadi Rum village and 60 km east of Aqaba.
- Wadi Rum is the largest valley in Jordan and has the The highest mountain peak in country.
- Wadi Rum attracts annually big number of expert trekkers, day trippers & mountain climbers.
- Hiking, Horse and camel riding trips are among the must do activities in Wadi Rum valley.
- Wadi Rum has been recently developed to include all needed travel logistics for travelers.
- The area of Wadi Rum is inhabited by semi Bedouin tribes who are hospitable and friendly.
- Wadi Rum is connected to the rest of Jordan cities by highway goes between Aqaba and Amman.
Tour Booking Terms:
- Submit the below form with all details & we will get back to you swiftly with exact quote.
- We speak different languages so feel completely free to require specific contact language.
- Our packages are running privately unless a group tour is mentioned in above itinerary.
- We have fixed above prices in USD but we accept payments with any other currency.
- Price doesn't include entry to special monuments, personal expenses & optional activity.
- Our prices are fixed per person based on an all inclusive service as per the above program.
- We continuously update our rates in order to guarantee the best possible up to date prices.
- Stay assured that booked tours price would not been changed once you have it confirmed.
- If you travel on budget be sure that you are getting best travel deal with the best value.
- We guarantee Fast, Easy online booking for Attraction tickets & tours without any wait.
- You will save Big on whatever you plan to do in booked destination with us at great value.
- Join group if you are on budget. Low cost and cheap trips are available at same quality.
- We need to receive reasonable down payment in order to confirm booking & secure places.
- The remnant of the cost should be finalized on the day of trip by credit card or in cash.
- Payment options varies between online payment by credit cards, wire transfer and cash.
- Once you have confirmed booking you will receive detailed voucher with booking details.
- We don't apply cancellation fees for ‘force majeure’, ONLY in personal & business cases.
- We will be always happy to provide competitive rates for big groups and travel agents.