Book Izmir Port Tour to Ephesus. Excursion to the Basilica of St. John, Temple of Artemis & Virgin Mary House in Ancient Ephesus Sightseeing Tour From Izmir Port.
We will pick you up for this excursion from Izmir port to visit Ephesus city. Ancient Ephesus was great commercial city and centre for the worship of Cybele. Following the Ionians influence, Cybele became Artemis, the virgin goddess of the hunt and the moon thus an splendid temple was built in her honour. You will explore the temple of Artemis (completed around 550 BC), one of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World. Emperor Constantine I renovated much of the city and erected new public baths. Wander the Basilica of St. John who came here with the Virgin Mary and wrote his Gospel. Continue to the House of Virgin Mary one of the most remarkable ancient cities of Asia Minor, Admire St. John’s Basilica and the handicraft center to have a presentation about ethnic Turkish arts. Transfer back to your cruise in Izmir port.
- The Terrace Houses section costs 15 USD per person.
- Ancient Ephesus is an open air museum of 1.5 km walking.
- Izmir port pick up & drop off service.
- All trip transfers with private AC vehicle.
- English speaking tourist guide during trip.
- Professional private driver during the trip.
- Entrance tickets to all visited sites.
- All trip taxes and service charge.
- Personal expenses
- Tipping kitty
Ephesus Quick Facts:
- Ephesus Turkey is now known as Selçuk, located in Anatolia on Turkish Asiatic Side.
- Ephesus is among the world best conserved classical places with Roman atmosphere.
- Ephesus is a Turkish known outdoor museum, it has been built for 4 times in history.
- Ephesus was founded 1500 to 1000 B.C and was the second big city of Roman Empire.
- Ancient Ephesus was a known coastal city with 250.000 pagans & Christians people.
- Ephesus has been ruined by an earthquake in 17 A.D then reconstructed by Tiberius.
- The Temple of Artemis in the ancient Ephesus was one of the world ancient wonders.
- The Ancient city of Ephesus has hosted the third ecumenical council about 431 A.D.
- Ephesus is the birthplace of Heraclitus & the first Church dedicated to Virgin Mary.
Tour Booking Terms:
- Submit the below form with all details & we will get back to you swiftly with exact quote.
- We speak different languages so feel completely free to require specific contact language.
- Our packages are running privately unless a group tour is mentioned in above itinerary.
- We have fixed above prices in USD but we accept payments with any other currency.
- Price doesn't include entry to special monuments, personal expenses & optional activity.
- Our prices are fixed per person based on an all inclusive service as per the above program.
- We continuously update our rates in order to guarantee the best possible up to date prices.
- Stay assured that booked tours price would not been changed once you have it confirmed.
- If you travel on budget be sure that you are getting best travel deal with the best value.
- We guarantee Fast, Easy online booking for Attraction tickets & tours without any wait.
- You will save Big on whatever you plan to do in booked destination with us at great value.
- Join group if you are on budget. Low cost and cheap trips are available at same quality.
- We need to receive reasonable down payment in order to confirm booking & secure places.
- The remnant of the cost should be finalized on the day of trip by credit card or in cash.
- Payment options varies between online payment by credit cards, wire transfer and cash.
- Once you have confirmed booking you will receive detailed voucher with booking details.
- We don't apply cancellation fees for ‘force majeure’, ONLY in personal & business cases.
- We will be always happy to provide competitive rates for big groups and travel agents.