Book Izmir Port Tour to Ephesus. Excursion to the Basilica of St. John, Temple of Artemis & Virgin Mary House in Ancient Ephesus Sightseeing Tour From Izmir Port.
We will pick you up for this excursion from Izmir port to visit Ephesus city. Ancient Ephesus was great commercial city and centre for the worship of Cybele. Following the Ionians influence, Cybele became Artemis, the virgin goddess of the hunt and the moon thus an splendid temple was built in her honour. You will explore the temple of Artemis (completed around 550 BC), one of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World. Emperor Constantine I renovated much of the city and erected new public baths. Wander the Basilica of St. John who came here with the Virgin Mary and wrote his Gospel. Continue to the House of Virgin Mary one of the most remarkable ancient cities of Asia Minor, Admire St. John’s Basilica and the handicraft center to have a presentation about ethnic Turkish arts. Transfer back to your cruise in Izmir port.
- The Terrace Houses section costs 15 USD per person.
- Ancient Ephesus is an open air museum of 1.5 km walking.
- Izmir port pick up & drop off service.
- All trip transfers with private AC vehicle.
- English speaking tourist guide during trip.
- Professional private driver during the trip.
- Entrance tickets to all visited sites.
- All trip taxes and service charge.
- Personal expenses
- Tipping kitty