For nature lovers and bird watching fans, this is a full day trip to one of Egypt known Oasis of Al Fayoum which is a rich destination with various Eco activites. Book Cairo Bird Watching Trip to Fayoum, trip to Watch migratory birds in Fayoum Oasis, Lake Quarun, Wadi El Rayyan and Tunis village. Birding Trips From Cairo, Egypt.
06 Am pickup from your hotel in Cairo then drive for 95 Km to El Fayoum. Explore the Water Wheels which providing the oasis with irrigation water since the Ptolemaic era. Then drive to Lake Qaroun; the third largest lake in Egypt, it is gradually developing into a resort, it is an excellent site for bird watching, water sports, wind surfing and fishing as well. Continue onto Wadi Al Rian small valley southwest of the Fayoum oasis, consists of two man-made lakes connected by Egypt's charming waterfall and one of best birding spots in Fayoum. Proceed to Tunis Village for another bird watching opportunity, get your lunch and refreshments then pay a visit to Fayoum Pottery school before we drive back to Cairo.
- Cairo hotel pickup and drop off service
- All trip transfers with modern AC van
- Entrance tickets as per trip itinerary
- Personal English speaking tour guide
- Botteled mineral Water & soft drinks
- Meals as per the trip itinerary
- All trip taxes & service charge
List of Migratory Birds in Fayoum:
Senegal Cucal, Grey Shrike, Kestrel, Fan tailed warbler, Moorhen, Purple Gallinule, Common Bulbul, Graceful – warbler, Crested Lark, Curlew, Hoopoe Lark, Coot, Glossy Ibis, Swallow, Pied Kingfisher, Little Green, Bee –Eater, Turtle Dove, Nile valley Sunbird, Collared dove, Little owl, Painted Snipe, Spur, winged Plover, Little Egret, Senegal thick, Cattle Egret, Black Shouldered kite, Squacco Heron, Cormorant, Spoonbill, Bee-eater, Grey Heron, Black winged stilt, Flamingo, Purple Heron, Ringed plover.
El Fayoum Quick Facts:
- Fayoum Oasis is capital of modern Fayoum Governorate 100 KM southwest of Cairo.
- Fayoum dates back to 4000 BC, one of the oldest cities in Egypt and Middle East.
- El Fayoum name comes from the Coptic word lake or sea referring to Lake Moeris.
- El Fayoum was the centre of Sobek, the crocodile god, cult in the Pharaonic era.
- The main sights in El Fayoum are; Hawara, Lahun, Wadi Elrayan and Wadi Al Hitan.
- Wadi El Rayan is one of Fayoum's natural National Park extends for 1759 km2.
- Wadi El Rayan is 2 connected lakes by waterfalls, which is the largest in Egypt.
- Wadi El Rayan is famous for its rare collections of plants, animals and birds.
- Wadi Hitan is one of Fayoum's natural National Reserve 150 km southwest of Cairo.
- Wadi Hitan is home 15 species of desert plants, sand dunes and 15 types of mammals.
- Wadi Hitan is now regularly visited by day trippers from Cairo with 4WD.
- Wadi Hitan lies within Wadi Elrayan Reserve with management plan and administration.
Tour Booking Terms:
- Submit the below form with all details & we will get back to you swiftly with exact quote.
- We speak different languages so feel completely free to require specific contact language.
- Our packages are running privately unless a group tour is mentioned in above itinerary.
- We have fixed above prices in USD but we accept payments with any other currency.
- Price doesn't include entry to special monuments, personal expenses & optional activity.
- Our prices are fixed per person based on an all inclusive service as per the above program.
- We continuously update our rates in order to guarantee the best possible up to date prices.
- Stay assured that booked tours price would not been changed once you have it confirmed.
- If you travel on budget be sure that you are getting best travel deal with the best value.
- We guarantee Fast, Easy online booking for Attraction tickets & tours without any wait.
- You will save Big on whatever you plan to do in booked destination with us at great value.
- Join group if you are on budget. Low cost and cheap trips are available at same quality.
- We need to receive reasonable down payment in order to confirm booking & secure places.
- The remnant of the cost should be finalized on the day of trip by credit card or in cash.
- Payment options varies between online payment by credit cards, wire transfer and cash.
- Once you have confirmed booking you will receive detailed voucher with booking details.
- We don't apply cancellation fees for ‘force majeure’, ONLY in personal & business cases.
- We will be always happy to provide competitive rates for big groups and travel agents.