Book Cairo Trip to the monasteries of Wadi El Natroun. Tour to Visit Deir al-Baramus, Anba Bishoi, Abu Maqar, Deir El-Suryani from Cairo, Egypt.. Drive to explore the actual birthplace for Christian monasticism. Wander the only 4 survived of about 50 monasteries into modern times.
We will pick you up Cairo hotel then drive to Wadi El-Natrun; a valley located in Egypt Western Desert 100 km to the north west of Cairo. It was very important to the ancient Egyptian since it was where they extracted the Natrun salt. According to some accounts the Holy Family saw Wadi Al- Natrun and blessed it, they indeed visited the place during their flight in Egypt. At the 4th century; Anchorites inhabited caves around the valley and built monasteries before the Khalifa of Moslems gave Christian monks in Egypt the amnesty to practice their religion. Start your trip with Deir al-Baramus, the oldest of the existing monasteries. Then continue to Deir Anba Bishoi whose body is still in the monastery. Proceed your tour to Deir Abu Maqar, the richest monastery in Wadi El-Natrun and explore Deir El-Suryani, the smallest and most compact of the 4 monasteries before driving back to Cairo.
- Cairo Hotel pickup and drop off
- All trip transfers by modern van
- Entrance fees as per trip itinerary
- 01 bottle of mineral water
- Tourist guide of your language
- All trip taxes and service charge
- Personal expenses
- Tipping kitty
Cairo Quick Facts:
- Cairo is the capital and largest city in Egypt, Africa and Middle East.
- Cairo covers area of 500 sq km & estimated population of 22 millions.
- Cairo time zone is GMT+2 and the city dialing code from abroad is +202.
- Cairo in Arabic is "Al Quahira" means "victorious" and "Masr" by Egyptians.
- Memphis is Cairo first step 3200 BC, officially founded 969 AD by Fatimid.
- Cairo is rich with Pharaonic, Byzantine, Roman and Islamic historic sites.
- Coptic Cairo, Khan Al Khalili & Tahrir Square are places to visit in Cairo.
- Djoser Step Pyramid in Saqqara is the first Egyptian pyramid 4650 years ago.
- Over 130 pyramids been discovered, it has been used as tombs for Pharaohs.
- Sakkara is an extensive burial ground built near the ancient city of Memphis.
- Giza Great Pyramid (Pyramid of Cheops) is the oldest & largest in Giza Plateau.
- Giza Greatest Pyramid of Khufu is the only surviving of ancient world wonders.
- Dashur, Memphis, Abusir and Abu Rawash are among Giza Pyramids known sites.
- All Egyptian Pyramids lie west of the Nile with chambers and passages inside.
- Giza Great Pyramid of Khufu has over 2,000,000 stone blocks (2 to 30) tons each.
Tour Booking Terms:
- Submit the below form with all details & we will get back to you swiftly with exact quote.
- We speak different languages so feel completely free to require specific contact language.
- Our packages are running privately unless a group tour is mentioned in above itinerary.
- We have fixed above prices in USD but we accept payments with any other currency.
- Price doesn't include entry to special monuments, personal expenses & optional activity.
- Our prices are fixed per person based on an all inclusive service as per the above program.
- We continuously update our rates in order to guarantee the best possible up to date prices.
- Stay assured that booked tours price would not been changed once you have it confirmed.
- If you travel on budget be sure that you are getting best travel deal with the best value.
- We guarantee Fast, Easy online booking for Attraction tickets & tours without any wait.
- You will save Big on whatever you plan to do in booked destination with us at great value.
- Join group if you are on budget. Low cost and cheap trips are available at same quality.
- We need to receive reasonable down payment in order to confirm booking & secure places.
- The remnant of the cost should be finalized on the day of trip by credit card or in cash.
- Payment options varies between online payment by credit cards, wire transfer and cash.
- Once you have confirmed booking you will receive detailed voucher with booking details.
- We don't apply cancellation fees for ‘force majeure’, ONLY in personal & business cases.
- We will be always happy to provide competitive rates for big groups and travel agents.